Be True To Who You Are - Irregular Choice x Disney's Mulan



Hello and welcome to the blog post you have all been waiting for. It's Irregular Choice X Disney time! I am SO excited to be writing this today.



It has been so so long since we had a Disney launch, the last one was actually October last year so this has been a much anticipated launch for a long time now.



This year is the 20th anniversary of Irregular Choice and amongst other celebrations we are treated to the largest Disney launch yet. Six different princesses spread over what looks like three different launches for the rest of the year.



This launch follows suit for the last one where we are treated to two different icon films/collections at the same time. So while last time we had Dumbo and Bambi, this time it is all about Mulan and Snow White.



The pair that I'm going to talk about today are 'i think' my favourite pair from both collections. Because they are so different it was really really hard to pick which pair I wanted to blog about first, but I have an outfit ready for Snow White so I went with a Mulan shoe today.



I for one absolutely love the fact that Mulan is part of this six, I don't think many people would have guessed that they would have done a collection on her as she isn't your cookiecutter Disney princess but the collection speaks for itself and is just stunning!



Both collections are reasonably small in comparison to launches like Toy Story or Mickey and Friends but I think this is because there is twice as much to look at being two collections.



Along with the usual heels, flats, bags and tights this is the first time we have been treated to a kids collection too. Personally I don't have children but if I did there would be no chance I would pass up an opportunity to have us in matching shoes!



Now enough of the back story lets talk about these boots! These were the very first sneak peek from this launch way back at the start of July. The second I saw them I was completely blown away and they have stayed in my mind ever since.



So much so that actually I have found every sneak peek since to not quite live up to this amazing pair. Now obviously I'm being slightly dramatic but I want to try and explain how much I love these.



Characters heels are always the thing that I love looking out for in a collection. We all know this is where my passion and love for Irregular Choice comes from so these automatically tick that box.



I remember when the Cinderella collection didn't have a single character heel, I was gutted so I always hold my breath when a new collection is launched incase they decide to not do one this time!



The first thing I noticed about these boots was the new shape. Usually the boots are a straight top and can be quite cutting if like me you have slightly larger legs, but not only do these look amazing they allow so much more room to get your legs in.



The next thing was the sheer detail in these, I have tried to show you with the photos but every single thing on this pair is actually embroidered onto the shoe, none of this photo malarky.



Because of that the detail and the quality really is second to none on this pair they really do look and feel like they are worth the money, and lets be honest; it's not always the case that we come away feeling like that from a Disney launch.



I can't even go through all the details and explain to you how amazing this pair is, so I am hoping that my photos will really do them justice.



The heel itself is another first for Irregular Choice. In stead of having one character heel why not have two! On each shoe you can spin round your Mulan to choose between one or two different looks.



At first I was worried that it would make the shoes unstable but the centre poll stays still while all the outside moves around. I have done a video on this as part of my collection haul post.



Now onto the important bit, sizing and fit. I went for these in my usual size 40 and they fit perfectly. I would say they fit exactly the same way any of the pervious boots do with the zip at the back. They are not tight tight but you wouldn't want to size down in them at all.



Heel wise these are a standard character heel height of 12.5cm, having said that we do have a 2.5cm platform but I can understand why people who are not as confident in heels might be a little put off. If you can walk in any of the normal character heels (not the mid heel kind) then you should be absolutely fine with these.



Overall I think the collection is a solid one. With it being so small I do feel like avid fans might be a little bit disappointed in missing some pieces (I needed more poison apple in the Snow White collection) but overall it does make me very excited for the next launches to come!



Please let me know what you think, you can head over to our Facebook page HERE or my Instagram HERE and have a chat about the collection.








Comments

Popular Posts