Ground Control - Pink

Ground Control


Hello and welcome to 2017 and a rare and unique blog on a pair of flats! Those of you who read regularly will know that I'm not really one for Irregular Choice flats, I find it difficult to justify the cost in comparison to heals, and I just prefer to spend my pennies on something crazy, that was of course until I saw these.



I first saw these start to appear earlier this week on a couple of independent stockists websites. The first colourway to make an entrance was the black and silver pair. I instantly fell in love with these and longed for them to be a heel also. But this is January after all and I must stay strong. I do not need another pair of shoes so soon after my last and lets face it I'm desperate to see what S/S 2017 has to offer us as a collection. That was of course before I set my eyes upon the pink colourway.



Regardless of my vain principles of 'not buying flats' I had to have these, they were far too beautiful not to at least try them. The more photos I had seen online the more they just had to be in my collection. These will also my first pair from the Spring/Summer collection which I always find incredibly exciting! I love this time of year when we get to experience all the new designs and we get a glimpse of what is to come in the next six months.



I know alot of people will have bought these shoes because of the name, 'Ground Control' seems like an obvious reference to Bowie who passed away early last year. While I can always appreciate a little nod to great talent this personally isn't a reason they ended up with me, tho I would love to hear your stories if that was an influencing factor.



The shoes themselves are a total mix up of all different colours and textures with an obvious space theme. The main fabric of these is a spectacular pink shimmering material which really shines and glows in the light. Right at the front of the shoe we have a spectacular lightning bolt pushing through the clouds drifting in-between three shining stars. All different fabric choices but they all compliment each other so well and really so contrast each other perfectly.



What would a sky scene be without a colourful rainbow finishing off the heel. This really reminds me of another favourite pair of mine the 'Shirley Bass' heels. This time tho the rainbow is made up of brighter pastel colours with the cute addition of a row of pom poms. Honestly I could take or leave them but they are not so intrusive as previous tassels so I'm not going to complain.



My favourite part of these really does have to be the mix of pastel colours, I can really see these being a massive hit in summer. The darker coloured ones have such a different feel to these that you could easily get away with two pairs, one for the bright summer days and another when everything is just a little overcast.



This is also the first time we have been able to see the S/S box and sole. Both of which are equally as kitch/cute and for me takes me back a long way into Irregular Choice seasons of the past. Again both in pastel colours the sole and the box feature a shy spring bunny surrounded by stripes and hearts. Ready to melt even the coolest of customers.



Now onto the part that most people have been asking about size and fit. As I have said before I'm not really one for flat shoes so I have missed all previous sizing advice and went with my usual UK 6.5 (EU40) in these. Even with the pointed toe some people have suggested sizing up but I found these very true to size and do leave you enough room to wear them with socks but nowhere close enough to size down. I didn't find the toe shape a problem at all and they are instantly comfy.



I hope you enjoyed my first review of 2017 and thank you for taking the time to have a read. Please let me know what you think and as always show me your shoes!





Popular Posts