Erstwilder - Spanish Fiesta



Hello and Welcome to another Erstwilder blog post!



It feels like it has been ages since I have written one of these, unfortunately I was away and missed the 'In Bloom' launch a few weeks ago so I think this might actually be my first blog post of 2019.



Having said that it has only been a mere three weeks since the last launch and with so much hype surrounding that collection it does feel alot sooner than that.



It's a good job this time we are treated to a much smaller collection than last time. We have a more modest 9 brooches and 2 earrings to choose from. As always I'm going to say I'm a little disappointed that there isn't any necklaces this time around but there was plenty in the last launch to keep me going.



As you might have guessed by the title this collection is filled with Spanish influence. Lots of reds,whites and blacks depicting traditional Spanish features.



I must say I think this has been one of the more controversial launches that Erstwilder has done with the full thing exploding via Facebook on the day that the first sneak peek was launched. Now that the collection has been viewed in full I would love to know what you think of the whole thing. Please drop me a comment and let me know what your thoughts are!



Overall I think the collection has alot to offer, especially if like me you have spent many a holiday visiting Spain. Forgive me if I'm wrong but for me this feels alot more relatable for our European fans as Spain is a easy access holiday destination for many.



One of the specific brooches I wanted to talk about is the Sangria brooch. Erstwilder have announced that there was a slight flaw in the production of these brooches, which is why you might have noticed a slight reduction in price in comparison to the others in the collection.


When they are securing the brooch back it seems that on some pieces you are able to see a slight mark of where the hole sits on the other side. I had three different brooches to photograph and two mostly looked the same while on one I couldn't see the mark at all. I have included a close up picture of the 'flaw' so you can make an informed decision.



Personally it's very small and hardly noticeable when wearing so it wouldn't bother me, but I do think its good that Erstwilder have noticed and tried to be proactive with it.



As always I like to pick my favourite three brooches from the collection and this is no acception. I'm a sucker for animal brooches so the donkey is a complete must for me, closely followed by the fan and then a toss up between the flower and the guitar. Both of which I admit don't look all that on the stock photos but oh my in real life they are pretty. The level of detail is really beautiful.



Everything that you see here will be available to buy from Lottie and Lu (HERE) from 6.30am UK time.



Please let me know what you think of the collection, I always like to hear your honest opinions!









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts