Irregular Choice - Carpe Diem


Welcome to my first proper new launch blog post since Toy Story at the end of May!


Sorry for being a little absent and distant but the of launches hasn't helped that. We have gone the little lul of the year when all the sales come out (Yay!) but the new launches slow down a little. I'm never too sure how much people want to read about the older styles so I have been focusing alot on my 200 Days of Irregular Choice challenge!



Anyway, today we are going to talk about the newly re-launched Carpe Diem shark heels. Now I know I have been a little vocal about this in the past, as I'm still honestly not sure how I feel about all these 'relaunches' this year. Honestly, they have all worked in my favour with regards to hunting down long sought after pairs but it does make me wonder, if I buy a pair that I think is exclusive, how long will it stay that way.



Obviously that is not why I buy shoes, and I'm a strictly no over rrp kind of purchaser but I know people who have spent hard earned pennies on some of these launches to see them reworked a month or two later. Don't get me wrong, if I was truly upset about the situation I just wouldn't buy the reworked pieces so I can't be feeling that hard done by it all, but I would be really interested to see what your honest opinions on the situation are.



Having said all of that it has given me an amazing opportunity to buy pairs that I never thought I would get the chance to own and for that I am very grateful. It does also do a great job of discouraging people from buying to resell on later which is only a positive thing. I don't want this to come off as a bashing post because honestly it really isn't, I'm just curious to see where this goes and where the line will be drawn.



Right lets leave that behind and talk about these amazing pair of shoes! I have wanted these for so long, so I was sat on the website all ready to go at 12pm yesterday. I knew that stockists didn't get the opportunity to get the heels so it was all or nothing, or so my dramatic head was telling me.



With no troubles at all they were checked out and in my basket with a lovely next day delivery upgrade. I must admit Irregular Choice direct seem to have been much better and quicker at posting shoes out lately which is one of the reasons I started to look at indies. Everyone would have their shoes and I would be three days behind! But I'm loving this next day service!



From photos these looked pretty much identical to the originals, but there was talk that the original pair were leather where as these are made up of synthetic materials so this is a positive for those of you who none leather shoes.



The design of these is quite cleaver yer simplistic at the same time. It goes without saying that this is just a shark in a shoe. A hidden platform at the front of the shoe poses as the wide toothy mouth with two red gemmed eyes up above watching over everything.



My favourite part of the design for these is the fins, I always love little add ons to shoes and something a bit more 3D as part of the design. On this we have one large fin at the back and two more smaller fins, one at each side.



There is only one tiny little thing I would have liked to have seen differently on these shoes. I would have loved them to have had the new super cool carousel sole. I know that sounds silly but I don't have a pair with the new box or sole yet and I'm itching to get a pair with it on. But that is just a minor thing for me personally. Obviously it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the shoes one little bit.



Fit wise, and I'm sure you are bored of me saying this but I ordered my usual size UK 6.5 (EU40) and they fit perfectly, there was rumours going round that they might be a little tight, but no such reports from me on the newer ones.



The heel height for these is around 12cm but they have a platform of 2.5cm making them so much easier to walk in. They end up being the same sort of heel height as Nick Of Time or the Perspex heels. Ar first glance I think they look quite high but in reality not at all.



So what did you think of this relaunch? Did you manage to get a pair? I would love to know all your thoughts. Pop over to our Facebook page (HERE) and let us know!







Comments

Popular Posts